4 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Skip the tourist trail in Peru as you enjoy stunning scenery, visits to unspoiled Andean mountain communities and amazing ruins during this 4-day trek to Machu Picchu via the rugged Lares trekking route. Trek along the less-crowded Lares trail, enjoying visits to small Quechua mountain villages, gorgeous alpine lakes and views of majestic snow-covered peaks. Along the way you'll traverse high-altitude passes reaching nearly 14,000 feet (4,400m) and have a chance to visit the ancient Inca fortress at Ollantaytambo. Finish your trekking experience by catching the train to Aguas Calientes, ascending to the amazing Inca citadel of Machu Picchu in the morning to beat the crowds. This 4-day excursion includes all meals, accommodations, a guide, entrance fees and transfers.
- Avoid the crowds on a 4-day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu
- Hike the 'path less traveled' to the famed Inca citadel, passing through small Quechua villages and over mountain passes nearly 14,000 feet high (4,400m)
- Visit Ollantaytambo and its ancient agricultural terraces, which the Incas used for farming
- Enjoy a scenic train ride to Aguas Calientes to soak in natural hot springs before bedding down in a comfy, well-earned hotel room
- Savor the wonders of Machu Picchu with both a guided tour and solo time to explore
- Bask in an all-inclusive 4 days that combines incredible scenery, stunning archaeological sites and ample activity
Saved to wishlist!
Professional bilingual tour guide.
Assistant tour guide for groups of 9+
Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment and 7kg of your personal items
Pick up from your hotel and transportation from your hotel to the start of trail
Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
3 Afternoon Snacks
Dining tent with tables and chairs
4 man tent for every 2 trekkers
Hotel in Aguas Calientes, Day 3
Inflatable sleeping mattress - Thermarest
First aid kit
Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip)
Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
Breakfast on Day 1, lunch on Day 4.
Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
Travel Insurance - you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Our pick up is included without any extra cost if your hotel, Airbnb, or other is located near to the historical centre of Cusco.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Send us the following personal data for each individual traveller.
- Full Name
- Passport Number
- Date of Birth
- Confirm us If you want vegetarian meals or have any special dietary requirements
- please let us know as soon as possible. It’s easy for us to arrange and there’s no extra cost. If you have an allergy to certain types of food please ensure that this is written on your trek voucher as well as reminding both the guide and the cook on the trail. We do not accept bookings from clients with life-threatening allergies.
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Important: Upon booking, please contact the email address on your voucher to advise of any specific requirements
- What you need to bring:
- Original Passport, ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Clothes: Walking boots, Waterproof jacket / rain poncho, Warm jacket, Hat and gloves, T-shirts, comfortable trousers
- Other items: Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher), insect repellent, toiletries and hand sanitizer, personal medication, camera and film, torch with spare batteries
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Inkayni Peru Tours
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
What is the maximum group size during 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu?
This activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu.
See all safety measures taken by 4-Day Lares Trek to Machu Picchu.
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursRail ToursSporting EventsBus ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursExtremeWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCusco4WD Tours - Sacred ValleyRail Tours - Sacred ValleySporting Events - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - Sacred ValleyNature and Wildlife - Sacred ValleyMulti-day Tours - Sacred ValleyExtreme - Sacred ValleyWalking Tours - Sacred ValleyHistorical Tours - Sacred Valley4WD Tours - Puerto MaldonadoRail Tours - Puerto MaldonadoSporting Events - Puerto MaldonadoBus Tours - Puerto MaldonadoNature and Wildlife - Puerto MaldonadoMulti-day Tours - Puerto MaldonadoExtreme - Puerto MaldonadoWalking Tours - Puerto MaldonadoHistorical Tours - Puerto Maldonado4WD Tours - ArequipaRail Tours - ArequipaSporting Events - ArequipaBus Tours - ArequipaNature and Wildlife - ArequipaMulti-day Tours - ArequipaExtreme - ArequipaWalking Tours - ArequipaHistorical Tours - ArequipaCategory
Maras Salt PoolsCochahuasi Animal Sanctuary (Santuario Animal de Cochahuasi)Inca Quarry TrailMercado Central de San PedroPlanetarium CuscoAusangate TrailBelmond Hiram BinghamPisac Potato ParkRaqch'iPre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP)TambomachayQuechua VillageSacred Valley (Urubamba Valley)TiponSan Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas)Awana KanchaInca Museum (Museo Inka)Mt. PutucusiOllantaytambo RuinsSalkantay Trail