Are you interested in?
Machu Picchu Tours
683 Tours & Activities
Inca Trail Tours
154 Tours & Activities
1099 Tours & Activities
4 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Trace the path of the original Inca Trail during an unforgettable 4-day, 3-night trip along this classic road to Machu Picchu. Follow the footsteps of this ancient people as you cross mountain terrain and lush jungles and explore fascinating Inca ruins like Wiñay Wayna, hiking toward the ‘Lost City of the Incas.’ On your final day, wake up early to reach Machu Picchu's iconic Sun Gate at sunrise, watching the first rays of light creep across the landscape. Then spend the morning exploring this incredible mountaintop archaeological site with your guide. This classic Inca Trail trek also features hotel pickup, camping accommodations, bus and train transfers, entrance fees, three days of meals and snacks and porters to carry shared equipment.
- 4-day, 3-night Machu Picchu tour
- Guarantee yourself a spot on the Inca Trail
- Explore with a professional guide
- Enjoy the intimacy of a small-group tour
- Meals, entrance fees, and transfers included
Saved to wishlist!
Accommodation Pick-Up on Day 1
Bus Cuzco - KM 82 Piscacucho (starting point of trek)
Tourist Bus Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
Tourist Train Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo (2 hours)
Bus Ollantaytambo to Cuzco (1.5 hours)
Professional Bilingual Guide on trek & Machu Picchu tour
Camping Accommodation during trek (including tent for 2 people & Basic sleeping pad)
Porters and cook to carry all shared camping equipment
First aid kit
Emergency oxygen bottle
Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 6
The COMPLETE option INCLUDES a Thermal Sleeping Bag, Porter & Duffel Bag to carry a total of 7kgs of personal gear for each trekker (3kgs for your sleeping bag & mattress plus 4kgs of personal items)
The BASIC option EXCLUDES a Thermal Sleeping Bag, Porter & Duffel Bag for personal gear.
Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner) and three snacks (veggie option available)
Airport Pick-Up (please make your own way)
Sleeping Bag for BASIC package (Rental $15 USD for the trek)
Day 1 Breakfast, Day 4 Lunch, Bottled Water
Guide for bus and train transfers (these portions are on your own)
Optional Extras - Inflatable Sleeping Mattress ($15 USD for the trek) - Professional Trekking Poles ($15 USD for the trek) - Huayna Picchu Trek (200 Soles) - Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (200 Soles) Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (at an extra cost) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
Accommodation in Cuzco
Tips (Tipping is 100% optional depending on the service you received. Although tipping is customary in Latin America, it is NOT mandatory. If you do wish to give a tip, we recommend $40-50 USD per trekker for the entire team of porters, cooks and guides.
Prices for optional activities are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm these prices before departing on the trek.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please confirm your pick-up address with Bamba Experience at least 1 week prior to departure.
There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details.
Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing. We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices a couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing , that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general.
Time schedule for meetings will be:
- Inca Trail and Lares 6pm
- Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao 7pm
- Inca Trail Express, Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day 5pm
Bamba Experience is located at:
Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru
Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs Daily
Tel: +51 84 205234 Emergency Tels: Darwin +51 9984 44933 - +51 9842 85801, Anderson +51 9231 25342
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Note: There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cusco office the evening before your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details
- Typical Meals on the Trek: On all of our Treks to Machu Picchu we search for great cooks who provide you with the best tasting meals on the mountain, with specialty menus and the freshest local ingredients available. Here is an idea of what you will be eating during your trek. *Vegetarian Option Available Upon Request (please advise at least 2 days in advance). BREAKFASTS: Hot porridge, quinoa or oats, fried eggs, omelet or pancakes with fresh bread, fried bananas and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk. LUNCH & DINNER: First Course: Quinoa, corn, noodle, asparagus, mushroom or vegetable soup, stuffed avocado or potatoes. Second Course: Chicken breast, beef stew, quinoa, fried rice, hamburgers, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese, typical dishes: aji de gallina (chilli pepper chicken), escabeche de pollo (marinated chicken) or ajiaco de olluco (spicy potato stew). Desserts: Fried plantains, chocolate pudding, chocolate or vanilla cake and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk. SNACKS: Boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk with popcorn, cookies, crackers.
- Important: No more than 500 people per day are allowed to start the Inca Trail trek at km. 82; This number includes all support staff (ie. porters, cooks and guides) and is very tightly controlled; Once this limit of 500 people is reached, the Trail is effectively closed off for the day and no further bookings can be made; Reservations are not held on the Trail and all permits to trek must be bought as far as possible in advance with complete and correct passport information, to which no modifications can be made; Any attempts at modifications will result in a loss of the permit and any money paid
- Accommodation options: During the trek single travelers will share a tent with another traveler of the same sex and couples will have a tent to themselves
- Physical Requirements: This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in good physical condition; The Inca Trail elevation changes make the hike strenuous as there are three passes during the hike and you will have 1.2 miles (1,950 meters) of uphill and 1.4-miles (2,250 meters) of descent
- Important: You must provide the following information upon booking: Full name (exactly as it appears on the passport), date of birth, nationality, passport number, date of passport expiration, which must be valid for at least 6 months past the date of travel; Without this information, the local tour operator will be unable to make the booking
- You will have a guide during the trek and on the Machu Picchu tour. However, during your bus and train transfers you will not be accompanied by a guide.
- Daily departures with a group of 4 or more
- No departures in February due to unfavorable climatic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The COMPLETE service INCLUDES a thermal sleeping bag, foam sleeping mat, duffel bag & porter to carry a total of 7kgs of personal gear for each trekker (3kgs sleeping bag & mat + 4kgs personal items). The reduced BASIC (LIGHT) service ONLY INCLUDES a basic foam sleeping mat and EXCLUDES the thermal sleeping bag, duffel bag & porter to carry personal gear. You will carry your own backpack, sleeping bag, mattress & personal gear. EXTRA ITEMS FOR RENT IN CUZCO: Inflatable Sleeping Mattress, Professional Trekking Poles.
- SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
- DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
- Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry their old passport or a photocopy with them on the trip.
- PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFING: There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details. PRE-DEPARTURE CHECK-IN: Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing. We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices a couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing , that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general. Time schedule for meetings will be: 6pm. Our office is located at: Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bamba Experience Inc
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the maximum group size during 4-Day Trek to Machu Picchu Through the Inca Trail?
This activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by 4-Day Trek to Machu Picchu Through the Inca Trail.
See all safety measures taken by 4-Day Trek to Machu Picchu Through the Inca Trail.
Product code: 11413P6
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursRail ToursSporting EventsBus ToursHikingArchaeology ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursExtremeWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCusco4WD Tours - Sacred ValleyRail Tours - Sacred ValleySporting Events - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - Sacred ValleyHiking - Sacred ValleyArchaeology Tours - Sacred ValleyNature and Wildlife - Sacred ValleyMulti-day Tours - Sacred ValleyExtreme - Sacred Valley4WD Tours - Puerto MaldonadoRail Tours - Puerto MaldonadoSporting Events - Puerto MaldonadoBus Tours - Puerto MaldonadoHiking - Puerto MaldonadoArchaeology Tours - Puerto MaldonadoNature and Wildlife - Puerto MaldonadoMulti-day Tours - Puerto MaldonadoExtreme - Puerto Maldonado4WD Tours - ArequipaRail Tours - ArequipaSporting Events - ArequipaBus Tours - ArequipaHiking - ArequipaArchaeology Tours - ArequipaNature and Wildlife - ArequipaMulti-day Tours - ArequipaExtreme - ArequipaCategory
Inca Museum (Museo Inka)Sacred Valley of the IncasQuechua VillageAguas CalientesMaras Salt PoolsSacred Valley (Urubamba Valley)San Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas)Raqch'iTambomachayPlaza de Armas (Huacaypata)Pre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP)Inca Quarry TrailMt. PutucusiAwana KanchaSalkantay TrailPlanetarium CuscoCusco Historic Center (Centro Historico de Cusco)Belmond Hiram BinghamMercado Central de San PedroChoquequirao