5 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Take the route less traveled to Machu Picchu on a multi-day trek from Cusco. Travel by bus to Mollepat and then embark on foot along Salkantay, a quiet alternative to the often-crowded Inca Trail. Four the next four day you'll hike in the shadow of snow-capped mountains and pass among tropical jungle, stopping at ancient archaeological sites en route. At night bed down in tents beneath the stars. Once reaching Llucmabamba hop the train to Aguas Calientes. The next day the Lost City of the Incas is yours to explore.
- 5-day Salkantay Trek and Machu Picchu, round-trip from Cusco
- Hike the Salkantay trail for four days with an expert guide
- Sleep under snow-capped Salkantay Mountain at Huayracpampa Lake
- Pass lush waterfalls en route to Santa Teresa in the Colcapampa District
- Climb from the town of Llucmabamba to Llactapata for views of Machu Picchu, and ride the rails to Aguas Calientes
- Small-group tour limited to 9 people ensures a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
The physically-demanding Salkantay route has a fraction of the Inca Trail crowds and the most diverse scenery.
Saved to wishlist!
3 nights accommodation
Assistant guide for every nine clients
Warm meals during the trip: 03 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 03 dinners, 03 teas, 04 snacks.
Bipersonal tents, kitchen tent, dining tent, cooks and kitchen personnel, tables, benches
Hotel pickup & drop-off.Note: Some hotels are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted.
Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
Walking sticks (available for rent)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
This activity includes roundtrip transfer from your hotel, apartment or home. Some locations are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send your details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Trek difficulty level is moderate
- It is recommended that your bring a: rain jacket, coat, sunscreen, hat, down sleeping bag and hiking shoes
- Note: hikers should have spent at least 2 to 3 days acclimatizing to the higher altitudes in the Cusco region prior to embarking on this trek
- Maximum of 9 passengers per tour
- Recommended travel is between April-November. The months of December-March are rainy season
- Please note: Poroy Station will be closed from 1st January to 30th April 2017. The Vistadome, Expedition and Executive trains will be departing from Ollataytambo or Pachar station, located approximately 1.5 hours from Cusco, during this period. Transfers to the stations from Cusco are included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY VIPAC - Viajes Pacifico
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
5 Day Trekking Salkantay Snow Peak Route to Machu Picchu from Cusco
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCuscoBus Tours - Sacred ValleyArchaeology Tours - Sacred ValleyNature and Wildlife - Sacred ValleyMulti-day Tours - Sacred ValleyWalking Tours - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - ArequipaArchaeology Tours - ArequipaNature and Wildlife - ArequipaMulti-day Tours - ArequipaWalking Tours - ArequipaBus Tours - PunoArchaeology Tours - PunoNature and Wildlife - PunoMulti-day Tours - PunoWalking Tours - PunoCategory
Salkantay Trail Tours & TicketsMercado Central de San Pedro Tours & TicketsQ'enqo (Qenko) Tours & TicketsAusangate Trail Tours & TicketsTambomachay Tours & TicketsSacred Valley of the Incas Tours & TicketsInca Museum (Museo Inka) Tours & TicketsCochahuasi Animal Sanctuary (Santuario Animal de Cochahuasi) Tours & TicketsBelmond Hiram Bingham Tours & TicketsSacred Valley (Urubamba Valley) Tours & TicketsOllantaytambo Ruins Tours & TicketsPre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP) Tours & TicketsQuechua Village Tours & TicketsCentro de Textiles Tradicionales del Cusco (CTTC) Tours & TicketsTipon Tours & TicketsPisac Indian Market Tours & TicketsPisac Potato Park Tours & TicketsSan Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas) Tours & TicketsCusco Historic Center (Centro Historico de Cusco) Tours & TicketsPlanetarium Cusco Tours & Tickets