Are you interested in?
Machu Picchu Tours
683 Tours & Activities
Salkantay Trail Tours
93 Tours & Activities
1099 Tours & Activities
5 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Head to the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu on the 5-day Salkantay Trek. Traverse various climates including the impressive snow-capped mountains of Salkantay and Humantay Mountains as well as the lush jungle of the cloud forest. Explore the ruins of Machu Picchu with your tour guide and learn about the Inca Empire before returning to Cusco. The Salkantay Trek is a great alternative to the crowded Inca Trail.
- Trek to Machu Picchu on this 5-day Salkantay Trek
- Pass by snow-capped mountains and lush jungle forests
- Explore the ruins of Machu Picchu with your informative guide
- This tour includes admission tickets and hotel transportation
Saved to wishlist!
Pre-briefing 1 day before to start the hiking and Duffle bag
Private Tourist transportation to the Trail-head
English speaking Certified Tour Guide
Masterchef and cooking equipment during the trek
Camping gear, tent, foam mats, during the trek
Coffee demonstration during the trek
3 nights camping - 1 night hotel in Machu Picchu with private bath
Private Tourist Transportation from Ollantaytambo - San Francisco Plaza Cuzco.
Zip-lining - Fourth Day
Entrance tickets to Machupicchu
Tourist train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
Drop-Off Near your Hotel in Cusco
Sleeping bags ($30) and Walking sticks($25) available for rent in Cusco
Extra expenses: Lunch and dinner on the last day after the guided tour of Machu Picchu, you have some free time to go on exploring Machu Picchu, have lunch either in Machu Picchu or in Aguas Calientes, etc.
Train from Hidroelectrica to Machu Picchu town (tourist usually hike this part)
Bus from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu and vice-versa ($24) (tourists usually hike this part)
Entrance tickets to Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain.
Note: Your extra luggage can be stored at your hotel or our office during your trip
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your hotel in Cusco let us know ahead for the briefing at your Hotel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Machupicchu USA
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 5-Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu with Optional Hot Spring Bath?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during 5-Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu with Optional Hot Spring Bath?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 5-Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu with Optional Hot Spring Bath?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 5-Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu with Optional Hot Spring Bath?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 24882P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursHikingArchaeology ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursExtremeWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingCusco4WD Tours - Sacred ValleySporting Events - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - Sacred ValleyHiking - Sacred ValleyArchaeology Tours - Sacred ValleyNature and Wildlife - Sacred ValleyMulti-day Tours - Sacred ValleyExtreme - Sacred ValleyWalking Tours - Sacred ValleyHistorical Tours - Sacred Valley4WD Tours - Puerto MaldonadoSporting Events - Puerto MaldonadoBus Tours - Puerto MaldonadoHiking - Puerto MaldonadoArchaeology Tours - Puerto MaldonadoNature and Wildlife - Puerto MaldonadoMulti-day Tours - Puerto MaldonadoExtreme - Puerto MaldonadoWalking Tours - Puerto MaldonadoHistorical Tours - Puerto Maldonado4WD Tours - ArequipaSporting Events - ArequipaBus Tours - ArequipaHiking - ArequipaArchaeology Tours - ArequipaNature and Wildlife - ArequipaMulti-day Tours - ArequipaExtreme - ArequipaWalking Tours - ArequipaHistorical Tours - ArequipaCategory
Pisac Indian MarketMercado Central de San PedroPiquillacta (Pikillaqta)Raqch'iAguas CalientesAgricultural Terraces of MorayCochahuasi Animal Sanctuary (Santuario Animal de Cochahuasi)Sacred Valley (Urubamba Valley)Pre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP)TambomachayMt. Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain)San Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas)ChoquequiraoSacred Valley of the IncasBelmond Hiram BinghamPisac Potato ParkSalkantay TrailInca Quarry TrailPlaza de Armas (Huacaypata)Ollantaytambo Ruins