4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore local Andean communities and ancient Inca ruins in the countryside outside Cusco during this horseback riding adventure. Learn about the daily rhythms of local life, observing farming techniques along with alpaca and sheep herding as you pass these tiny districts. You also discover Inca temples, soaking up the ancient energy of these spiritual sites, and visit the ‘Devil’s Balcony,’ a natural cave once used as an Inca shrine. Your horseback ride near Cusco also includes a guide, horseback riding gear, snacks and water, and round-trip transport from your hotel to the ranch.
- Discover the daily rhythms of life in the small townships outside Cusco
- Explore the spiritual energy of ancient Inca temples and shrines
- Check out the Devil's Balcony, a natural cave that once held an Inca shrine
- Includes round-trip hotel transport to the horseback riding ranch from Cusco
Saved to wishlist!
Professional tour guide
Saddle and safety helmets
Muleteer (goes to the care of horses)
Snacks for the ride
Mineral water or natural water
Cookies, chocolate bar and fruit
Round trip transportation from Cusco hotel to ranch
Transport by private car
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Suitable for participants with little or no experience
- Minimum age is 8 years
- It is recommended that you wear long pants (preferably jeans), closed shoes (with rubber soles or walking shoes), and bring a rain jacket (if the weather forecast gives any significant chance of rain during the time of the ride)
- Note: Do not wear jewelry or valuables during the ride
- Maximum weight is 185 lbs (83 kg)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Horseback Riding Cusco
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Horseback Riding Tour to the Devil's Balcony from Cusco?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Horseback Riding Tour to the Devil's Balcony from Cusco?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Horseback Riding Tour to the Devil's Balcony from Cusco?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Horseback Riding Tour to the Devil's Balcony from Cusco?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCuscoNature and Wildlife - Sacred ValleyHistorical Tours - Sacred ValleyHalf-day Tours - Sacred ValleyNature and Wildlife - Puerto MaldonadoHistorical Tours - Puerto MaldonadoHalf-day Tours - Puerto MaldonadoNature and Wildlife - ArequipaHistorical Tours - ArequipaHalf-day Tours - ArequipaCategory
Awana KanchaInca Quarry TrailSan Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas)Pisac Indian MarketSacred Valley (Urubamba Valley)Inca Museum (Museo Inka)Pre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP)Cochahuasi Animal Sanctuary (Santuario Animal de Cochahuasi)Maras Salt PoolsPiquillacta (Pikillaqta)Plaza de Armas (Huacaypata)Raqch'iTambomachayCusco Historic Center (Centro Historico de Cusco)Belmond Hiram BinghamAusangate TrailMercado Central de San PedroQuechua VillageMt. Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain)Aguas Calientes