Are you interested in?
- Embark on the 4-day Lares trek from Cusco
- Pass remote villages and snow-capped mountains
- Enjoy a guided tour of the famous Machu Picchu
- Horseman and mules help carry baggage for an easier journey
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
At the airport, please look for your driver with the SAM Travel Peru sign. For hotel pick ups, your guide will meet you in the hotel lobby.
- Velazco Astete Airport, Cusco Peru
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important: If you want to climb Huayna Picchu mountain, you must book this at the same time as your trek or tour to Machu Picchu. Only 400 people can hike Huayna Picchu per day. You will climb it on your own after the tour in Machu Picchu around 10am. Please contact the local tour operator upon booking to arrange this
- Horses and mules carry the food, camping equipment and your belongings up to 7 kg
- During the trek to Machu Picchu your main luggage will be stored in Cusco and you will receive a small duffel bag (on the day of your briefing) to pack clothes for 3-4 days. Your team of porters will carry these bags together with the food and equipment for the trail. Please note that you will not have access to these items until the end of each day as the porters will always be ahead of the group, you should therefore bring a day pack in which you can carry personal belongings such as your camera, water and sunscreen. By Peruvian law the duffel bag carried by the porters must not weigh more than 7kg (14 pounds). You can either store your luggage at your hotel or you can leave it with the tour operator
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY SAM Travel Peru
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N Including Hot Springs.
- "Transportation to and from CUZ/local hotels were included and definitely made logistics easier." See review