- Trek to the summit of Rainbow Mountain with a guide
- Drive through the countryside of Peru, far from the beaten path
- Breakfast and lunch included
- Hotel pickup included, and drop-off in central Cusco
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Exact pick up time will be provided 48 hours before travel date.
What To Expect
Trek uphill, taking in the colorful views of the Rainbow Mountains. Learn about the local flora and fauna from your guide as you go.
Once reaching the peak of the mountain, take time to enjoy the view of the mountain and the snow-capped Ausangate beyond. Then, make your way downhill and eat a leisurely lunch back in town.
Return to Cusco where you get dropped off at the Regocijo Square, one block from Cusco’s central plaza.
Please note: This tour is recommended for those in strong physical shape who have acclimated to the altitude. It is also possible to rent a horse (own expense) if you don’t wish to hike.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for people over 55 years of age
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A strenuous amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Since this activity is a group tour, we will pick up the first person at 3:40 and the last one at 4:20, please be ready at the lobby of your hotel at 3:40 am and our guide has time to pass for you until 4:20 am.
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rainbow Mountain Cusco
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Wear layers as it can get cold but also hot from all the hiking This hike is not easy, take the horse if you have any doubts, they’re available both ways." See review
- "Tips: bring toilet paper since banios run out, you must bring your own water, bring your passport to get it stamped at top, bring a "baggy" in case you lose your stomach contents during the drive (which I did descending)." See review