5 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Hike the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu on a 5-day, guided adventure that’s a gorgeous alternative to the crowded Inca Trail. Starting the hike at Soraypampa—instead of Mollepata—saves you a grueling walk over a dirt road, and you’ll take in dramatic Andean terrain and local culture before exploring the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Horse-supported hike means you won't be carrying a heavy pack
- Use provided tents and sleeping pads to stay warm in the mountains
- Included meals, camping, and Aguas Calientes hostel take care of logistics
- Pre-booked Machu Picchu entrance fees ensure your spot at the site
Saved to wishlist!
Van from Cusco to the start of the hike
Bilingual tour guide (English/Spanish)
Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent
Foam mats or sleeping pads: to put under your sleeping bag (carried by horses)
1 Duffle Bag: Where you can put your personal belongings (5 kilograms = 10 lbs) which includes your sleeping bag.
Trekking Cook: In charge to prepared all the meals along the journey, over 6 people cook assistant
Meals: 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 dinners and Snacks (Vegetarian, vegan or special menus are available at no extra cost)
Medical kit: Our crew bring the First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
Van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
Entrance ticket for Machupicchu (6:00am to 12:00 pm)
Sleeping Bags: ($ 20.00 USD), our sleeping bags are -15ºC-comfort (0ºF), mummy.
Walking Sticks: ( $ 15.00 USD
First day Breaksfast
Last Day Lunch in Aguas Calientes
Huaynapicchu Mountain ( $ 30 usd
Bus to Machu Picchu from Aguas Calientes ( $ 24.00 usd)
Other personal expenses
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We do the pick up from any hotel, hostel or Apartment in the downtown of Cusco. If the location is far away we will do at the Cusco's Cathedral gate.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY ECO PATH TREK PERU
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 59166P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursBus ToursSporting EventsHikingMulti-day ToursExtremeWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCusco4WD Tours - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - Sacred ValleySporting Events - Sacred ValleyHiking - Sacred ValleyMulti-day Tours - Sacred ValleyExtreme - Sacred Valley4WD Tours - Puerto MaldonadoBus Tours - Puerto MaldonadoSporting Events - Puerto MaldonadoHiking - Puerto MaldonadoMulti-day Tours - Puerto MaldonadoExtreme - Puerto Maldonado4WD Tours - ArequipaBus Tours - ArequipaSporting Events - ArequipaHiking - ArequipaMulti-day Tours - ArequipaExtreme - ArequipaCategory
Q'enqo (Qenko)Aguas CalientesCusco Historic Center (Centro Historico de Cusco)Maras Salt PoolsTambomachayInca Quarry TrailAwana KanchaQuechua VillageAusangate TrailOllantaytambo RuinsSan Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas)Mt. Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain)Plaza de Armas (Huacaypata)Pisac Indian MarketMercado Central de San PedroPlanetarium CuscoPre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP)Centro de Textiles Tradicionales del Cusco (CTTC)Sacred Valley of the IncasBelmond Hiram Bingham