4 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Take the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu, an alternative to the famous Inca Trail, and head off the beaten path. This 4-day, 3-night trek reaches peaks of over 4,600 meters before dipping back into the jungle and passes through remote villages and beautiful scenery before reaching the final destination of Machu Picchu. Explore the citadel with a guided tour and some free time before heading to Cusco.
- Hike the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu during 4 days and 3 nights
- Trek through various ecosystems—from high mountains to low jungles
- Explore the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu on your own and with a guide
- This is a great alternative to the crowded, and often sold-out, Inca Trail
Saved to wishlist!
Pre - Briefing one day before to departure
Tourist bus transportation to the trail-head Challacancha
Certified Mountain Tour Guide
Masterchef and cooking equipment
Camping gear: tent, mats, and horses
1 duffel bag where you can take maximum of 6 kg per person
Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
Tourist train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
Tourist bus transportation from Ollantaytambo – San Francisco Plaza Cuzco
Basic first-aid kit including emergency oxygen
Rentals: Sleeping bag –10ºC-comfort (0ºF). ($25) Whole trek
Rentals: Walking poles ($20) whole trek
Extra expenses: First day Breakfast and Lunch & dinner on the last day after visiting Machu Picchu
Entrance tickets the hot springs in Aguas Calientes town ($.4)
Optional - Tickets Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from hotels downtown Cusco, just let us know the name and address
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Machupicchu USA
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Questions & Answers
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 4-Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu From Cusco?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during 4-Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu From Cusco?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 4-Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu From Cusco?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 4-Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu From Cusco?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 24882P29
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursRail ToursSporting EventsBus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursExtremeWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingCusco4WD Tours - Sacred ValleyRail Tours - Sacred ValleySporting Events - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - Sacred ValleyHiking - Sacred ValleyNature and Wildlife - Sacred ValleyMulti-day Tours - Sacred ValleyExtreme - Sacred ValleyWalking Tours - Sacred Valley4WD Tours - Puerto MaldonadoRail Tours - Puerto MaldonadoSporting Events - Puerto MaldonadoBus Tours - Puerto MaldonadoHiking - Puerto MaldonadoNature and Wildlife - Puerto MaldonadoMulti-day Tours - Puerto MaldonadoExtreme - Puerto MaldonadoWalking Tours - Puerto Maldonado4WD Tours - ArequipaRail Tours - ArequipaSporting Events - ArequipaBus Tours - ArequipaHiking - ArequipaNature and Wildlife - ArequipaMulti-day Tours - ArequipaExtreme - ArequipaWalking Tours - ArequipaCategory
Sacred Valley (Urubamba Valley)Q'enqo (Qenko)Plaza de Armas (Huacaypata)TambomachaySacred Valley of the IncasOllantaytambo RuinsTiponPisac Potato ParkSalkantay TrailInca Quarry TrailPre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP)Mt. Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain)Ausangate TrailBelmond Hiram BinghamQuechua VillagePiquillacta (Pikillaqta)Mt. PutucusiCentro de Textiles Tradicionales del Cusco (CTTC)Aguas CalientesSan Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas)