- Full-day tour to the Tiwi Islands from Darwin
- See informative exhibits of Tiwi art, including depictions of aboriginal dreamtime stories
- Learn about ancient rituals for Tiwi burials and honoring the ancestors
- Includes round-trip ferry between Darwin and the Tiwi Islands
Departure & Return
Cullen Bay Ferry Terminal, at the end of Marina Boulevard, Cullen Bay, Darwin. 5 minutes drive from Darwin CBD, free all day parking in off-street carparks.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
A local indigenous guide accompanies you on your tour, which includes a scenic walk and a visit to the museum and an art-making class. At the end of the tour, your guide returns you to the ferry dock for the trip back to Darwin.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This is a walking tour, an easy stroll over short distances between the ferry landing, art centre and mission precinct. **Please note that the Bathurst Island Museum is closed until 2022, and is no longer included in this tour**
- Covid Procedures: We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices. During this time, we have stepped our practices and procedures up even further. Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals from the relevant health authorities.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY SeaLink Northern Territory
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "This day trip is a really cultural experience and an opportunity for friendly interaction with the Tiwi islanders and a chance to spend time at the art centre." See review