8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
With a personal guide to accompany you around the historical sights in Datong, there’s no need to plan your sightseeing itinerary. See ancient Buddhist art at the UNESCO-listed Yungang Grottoes, and explore the wood-structured Hanging Monastery of Hengshan. This full-day private tour includes lunch and the convenience of round-trip private transport from centrally located hotels.
- Personalized guided tour of ancient Datong: not to be missed!
- See World Heritage–listed Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Temple of Hengshan
- Marvel at Buddhist sculptural art from the Northern Wei Dynasty
- Private pickup & drop-off from centrally located Datong hotels
Saved to wishlist!
Professional tour guide
Fuel surcharge and tax
Hotel pickup & drop-off
Entrance ticket fees
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Centrally located Datong hotels, please provide your hotel information while booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY China Theme Tour
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Botique Tour: Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery From Datong?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Botique Tour: Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery From Datong
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingDatongBus Tours - Northern ChinaHistorical Tours - Northern ChinaFull-day Tours - Northern ChinaBus Tours - BeijingHistorical Tours - BeijingFull-day Tours - BeijingBus Tours - PingyaoHistorical Tours - PingyaoFull-day Tours - PingyaoCategory