17 to 18 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
It’s at least a 4-hour drive from downtown Beijing to the Yungang Grottoes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Maximize your time at the Hengshan Hanging Temple, the Nine Dragon Screen, and these spectacular caves with their ancient sculptures on this private day tour by plane, which includes lunch. A private driver will chauffeur you to and from your hotel to the airport; your personal driver/guide will meet you at Datong.
- See the Yungang Grottoes, Hengshan Hanging Temple, and Nine Dragon Screen
- Enjoy door-to-door 2-way private transfers, plus domestic flights
- Relax over an authentic Chinese lunch in a local restaurant
- Get personalized insights into Chinese culture from your private guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Round-trip private transfer
Transport by private vehicle
Professional English and Chinese speaking tour guide
One way Economy-class airfare from Beijing to Datong
One way Economy-class airfare from Datong to Beijing
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can also pick up other clients who stay at hotels within the downtown area of Datong.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Passport names, passport numbers, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please provide your cell phone number so that we can contact you just in case
- Please provide all traveler's date of birth, full passport names and passport numbers; we need this information for buying entrance tickets of tourism attractions for you, and this information must 100% match with your passports on tour day.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Private China Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Day tour of Datong From Beijing Including Transfer Service
17 to 18 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingDatongBus Tours - Northern ChinaHistorical Tours - Northern ChinaFull-day Tours - Northern ChinaBus Tours - BeijingHistorical Tours - BeijingFull-day Tours - BeijingBus Tours - PingyaoHistorical Tours - PingyaoFull-day Tours - PingyaoCategory