- Shop and stroll through Deira’s bustling spice, souvenir and gold souks
- Lunch at a local restaurant and entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small group of 12 people or fewer
Departure & Return
The meeting point is at the Al Shindagha Museum - Creek House, located just a few minutes walking distance from the Al Ghubaiba Metro Station, outside Entrance No. 4.
Near the Sharaf DG Metro Station in Bur Dubai.
What To Expect
One of Dubai’s oldest quarters, Deira bustles with activity and is home to the city’s old souks. Saunter through the shop- and stall-lined streets toward the souks, and pause at some of the area’s interesting sights as your guide charts Dubai’s history and roots as a pearl trading town.
Delve into the souks and hear how, until recently, the stalls were known by vendors’ names, so shoppers could simply call them out to find what they were looking for. Enjoy the hustle and bustle, and peruse the outlets selling spices, souvenirs and gold and silver. Hone your haggling with tips from your guide, starting with the opening gambit of ktir ghalee (too expensive) to help clinch some deals.
With your shopping done, ride an abra across Dubai Creek, admiring Deira’s high-rises from the water. Then, disembark and wander through the narrow lanes of the old Al Bastakiya residential area, founded in the early 1900s by Persian merchants.
See the sand-colored houses and wind towers, and learn about the area’s part in keeping traditional Emirati culture and customs alive.
After your walk, head to one of Dubai’s best-loved restaurants for lunch. Refuel with tasty Arabian dishes, and chat over your discoveries before your tour ends in Bur Dubai.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking, as lunch is pre-ordered and is served on a sharing platter basis. Dishes include both chicken and mutton kebabs, and a vegetarian option on request.
- It is recommended that you bring water and sunglasses
- It is recommended that you wear light clothing and comfortable shoes
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wander With Tourism Guidance Services LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff