- Full-day trip from Dublin to the Aran Islands and Galway
- Scenic flight from Connemara to Inis Mor
- Island tour of Inis Mor, including the magnificent Dun Aengus fort
- Island seascapes and cliffs
- Free time in Galway City to shop, explore or visit a typical Irish pub
- Hosted train travel
- Information pack
- Friendly, professional tour guide
Departure & Return
Railtours Ireland Representatives will be waiting in the main concourse area of the station with your travel pack in bright yellow jackets so that they are easily located. Check in is 20 minutes prior to the departure time listed.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival in Galway, travel by air-conditioned vehicle to nearby Connemara Airport for your flight to Inis Mor, the largest of Ireland’s Aran Islands, set at the mouth of Galway Bay. Hop into your small plane and marvel at the bird’s-eye views on your 10-minute flight. Gaze down over Galway’s rugged coast and the Atlantic, and catch tantalizing glimpses of Inis Mor’s villages and fields, a patchwork of greenery criss-crossed by dry stone walls.
After landing, set off for a scenic island tour, following the winding lanes through barren-but-beautiful limestone landscapes. Pass thatched cottages, sandy beaches, medieval churches and Celtic stone crosses; and hear about the island’s age-old Celtic mythology and Gaelic linguistic heritage from your guide.
Stop for a pub lunch (own expense) in Kilronan, the main village; and visit Inis Mor's star attraction: Dun Aengus fort. Wander around this semi-circular prehistoric fort, whose crumbled stones edge a 300-foot (90-meter) sea cliff, and enjoy the thrilling views down over the island, sea and Ireland’s mainland.
After your island tour, fly back to Connemara and transfer to Galway city. Enjoy some free time to stroll around the charming streets, shop for souvenirs or perhaps enjoy a glass of Guinness (own expense) in one of the friendly pubs.
Then, relax on your train ride back to Dublin, where your trip concludes.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour offers stops en route for photographs, shopping, etc.
- Please note that for operational reasons and in bad weather conditions it may, on occasion, be necessary to alter certain itineraries. If flights are cancelled due to bad weather conditions, you will be taken on an alternative tour to Connemara and refunded the difference.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Children U16 cannot book independently. They must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Railtours Ireland First Class
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "It is a lot of travel time on the train and buses but once you get there the trip was worth it !" See review