- Full-day rafting trip to the Tara River in Montenegro from Dubrovnik
- Experience the Tara River Gorge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest canyon in Europe
- Navigate through rushing river rapids with your expert guide
- Take in the magnificent waterfalls and the stunning scenery of Durmitor Mountain
- Breakfast and lunch of local food are included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
After arriving at the Tara River camp, indulge in a hearty energy-giving breakfast of local delights. Listen to the guide explain proper rafting techniques and safety procedures. After breakfast, get outfitted for the day on the Tara River and then hop aboard your raft and begin paddling into the Tara River Gorge. Pass waterfalls and natural springs, tall cliffs, ancient monasteries, old water mills and shepherds tending to their flock of lambs. Go by charming villages as you cruise through Durmitor National Park.
As the raft snakes down the river, learn from your guide some facts about the area -- that the Tara River Gorge is the longest canyon in Europe and the second longest in the world after the Grand Canyon.
About 15 miles (25 kilometers) later, reach the central rafting stop and sit down at a local restaurant for a hearty lunch of local dishes. Take some free time after lunch to do some exploring and then, in the late afternoon, head back to Dubrovnik.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants; please enter this information in the Special Requirements box
- You MUST check and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Each raft has a waterproof bag where you can store any excess clothing or items. Waterproof cans are also available for your camera, however, it is recommended that you bring a waterproof camera
- No experience is required
- Before every trip in-depth participant safety orientation and paddle instructions are conducted.
- Clothing that can get wet is recommended
- Most travelers can participate
- Requirements for crossing the Montenegro border are: a negative results of PCR test for new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), issued by a registered laboratory and not older than 72 hours, with a positive result of serologic test-antibodies of IgG class, issued by the registered laboratory and not older than 30 days or with the proof that at least seven days before entering Montenegro they have been immunized with the second dose of vaccine against the new coronavirus, issued by the authorized health institution. The above does not apply to passengers arriving from or who have been in Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Kosovo (Rep.), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, North Macedonia (Rep.), Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Fed., Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain Sweden or Ukraine in the past 15 days.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Super Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.