- See the sights of King’s Landing, the capital of the Seven Kingdoms, on this Viator Exclusive
- Learn all about the Targaryens, Baratheons, Starks and other noble families from your expert local guide
- Visit Lovrijenac Fortress and climb the city walls to look out over Blackwater Bay
- Upgrade to include a trip to Trsteno Arboretum, the site used as the King's Landing palace gardens
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
A guide in Elite Travel blue T-shirt will be holding a 'GAME OF THRONES Walking Tour' sign, outside the Old Town city walls, in front of the fountain by 'Dubravka' restaurant&bar at Pile Square (just outside the Pile Gate, the western entrance to the Old Town).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The show is shot in locations throughout Europe, but Dubrovnik, with its red rooftops and stunning coastal location on the Adriatic Sea, is one of the most recognizable as King’s Landing, the capital of the realm’s seven kingdoms. Trace Ayra Stark's footsteps to see where she hid from the Lannisters on the streets; walk up the city walls that were attacked by the Baratheons; and check out Lovrijenac Fortress, an 11th-century castle perched high above the sea, aka Blackwater Bay, which is featured in battle scenes, most prominently the Battle of Blackwater.
You also see a softer side of things as you visit parks and other open spaces used to film scenes set in the countryside. Throughout your tour, listen to commentary from your guide about the various characters who have come in and out of King's Landing, including the three main families—Targaryens, Baratheons, and Starks. Your tour ends when you return to your start point in Old Town.
Trsteno Arboretum Upgrade: To enhance your 'Game of Thrones' experience, select the upgrade option to visit Trsteno Arboretum, one of the oldest arboretums in Croatia. Travel to the park by minibus at the end of your walking tour to discover this additional filming location, used as King's Landing's palace gardens during the show's third season. Explore thousands of trees and exotic plants, and admire Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque details while you hear more about the War of the Five Kings. Your tour ends with drop-off at the original starting point in Old Town.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is highly recommended to bring comfortable shoes and a hat
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required for the 'Tour Only in French'
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY EuroAdria Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Exclusive: 'Game of Thrones' Walking Tour of Dubrovnik.
- "Make sure to wear comfy shoes and bring water, there will be times you have to climb lots of steps (just like anywhere in Dubrovnik" See review
- "Also, if you have mobility issues it will be difficult to do the Tour, there is a lot of climbing up stairs." See review
- "The tour also included admission to the city walls, which was advantageous to use later on in the day to see more of the city on your own." See review