Explore our promoted experiences
- Jeep tour of La Plata Canyon
- Travel through a glacier-carved canyon in an open vehicle
- Take Jeep tracks to a high mountain pass
- Watch for wildlife and wildflowers
- See an abandoned 19th-century mining encampment
- Choose between morning and afternoon departures
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Watch for wildlife as you follow rugged Jeep trails past several small waterfalls and mountain rivers. Climb to alpine meadows to find bright wildflowers, then discover La Plata City, an abandoned mining town that was first established in the frontier days of 1875, with visible remnants of old mining claims.
Reach Kennebec Pass at 12,000 feet (3,658 mt.) above sea level, with majestic views to Cortez and Telluride, and a bird’s-eye perspective on spruce tree forests, peaks, and river valleys. Following your time at the pass, trace the Jeep roads back out of La Plata Canyon and return to the original departure point, where this tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must bring your own car seats for children who require them. CO Car Seat Law states that children up to 8 years old must be in an appropriate car seat.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to check in for the tour!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized