2 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Explore our promoted experiences
Guarantee entrance to one of Edinburgh's most popular attractions, and skip the ticket line by pre-booking your admission to the Camera Obscura and World of Illusions. Choose your allotted time (morning, evening, or all-day) and get ready to enjoy the spectacle of mind-bending illusions and hands-on exhibits.
- Guarantee entrance to one of Edinburgh's busiest attractions by pre-booking
- Skip the lines of people waiting to purchase tickets at the door
- Choose your preferred time slot—morning, afternoon, or all-day
- Discover the original virtual reality, made by the Victorians 150 years ago
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointCamera Obscura and World of Illusions, Castlehill, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2ND Scotland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible - this attraction is within a six-story building which is listed and therefore cannot have a lift installed.
- Children under the age of 5 go free
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Party sizes / groups of over 10 visitors need to book directly with the attraction.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Camera Obscura & World of Illusions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Camera Obscura & World of Illusions Entrance Ticket?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Camera Obscura & World of Illusions Entrance Ticket?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Camera Obscura & World of Illusions Entrance Ticket?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Camera Obscura & World of Illusions Entrance Ticket?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesTours & SightseeingEdinburghAttractions & Museums - StirlingMuseum Tickets & Passes - StirlingAttractions & Museums - GlasgowMuseum Tickets & Passes - GlasgowAttractions & Museums - Newcastle-upon-TyneMuseum Tickets & Passes - Newcastle-upon-TyneCategory
Linlithgow LochGladstone’s LandGreyfriars KirkNewhailes HouseGeorgian HouseAlnwick CastleRoyal ObservatoryRosslyn ChapelEdinburgh ZooScottish ParliamentScottish National Gallery of Modern Art (Modern One) Nelson MonumentCalton HillGrassmarketJohn Knox HouseCamera Obscura and World of IllusionsRoyal Botanic Garden EdinburghMelrose AbbeyThe CanongateEdinburgh Dungeon