- Scottish Highlands day tour from Edinburgh
- Admire dramatic scenery from the comfort of a top-of-the-range, 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Visit Doune Castle and Inveraray Castle
- Small-group tour for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your first stop is at Stirling, where you visit the spectacular Doune Castle.
Aside from its historic importance as a critical medieval stronghold, Doune Castle has enjoyed more modern recognition as the film site for Monty Python and The Holy Grail and the TV series Outlanders, based on the books of Diana Gabaldon. Opt to visit the castle (own expense) or snap photos from outside and take a stroll around the surrounding area.
As your mini-coach continues through dense forests and highland peaks, your expert guide shares fascinating true and fictitious tales about local figures like Rob Roy MacGregor—dubbed the ‘Scottish Robin Hood’—who is buried in the Braes of Balquhidder.
Stop for lunch (own expense) en route to tranquil Loch Awe and the romantic ruins of Kilchurn Castle. See Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park then continue toward Inveraray Castle on the shores of Lake Fyne, where you have free time for an optional castle tour (own expense; tour runs from April to October only). Learn about battles that occurred in this region and rulers like King Robert the Bruce and Clan Campbell, who possessed the Argyll lands for centuries.
Your excursion ends near Waverly Bridge in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Min. age 5 years old. We do not accept children under the age of 5 years.
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Please note that Inveraray Castle is open from April to October only
- Check in closes 15 minutes prior to departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- In order to retain the integrity of the tour and try to ensure that all our customers have the best possible experience, we do cap bookings from any one party to 8 passengers.
- Doune Castle – We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- Inveraray Castle - The castle is only open on a few selected dates this year. On those dates, you will be able to buy a ticket from your driver-guide whilst on tour.
- On the dates when Inveraray castle is closed, we will try to arrange a photo stop instead.
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to safety inspection and possible maintenance work, Doune Castle is closed until further notice.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rabbies Trail Burners
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by West Highlands, Lochs and Castles Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh.