Explore our promoted experiences
- Small-group Accademia and Duomo tour
- Skip-the-line access at both locations
- See two Florentine highlights
- Small group ensures personal service
Departure & Return
The tour meets in Piazza San Marco, by the statue in the middle of the square. This is a centrally-located square adjacent to Via degli Arazzieri and Via Giorgio la Pira, about 1/3 mile north of Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral.
What To Expect
Continue to the Duomo Baptistry to see its famous doors, replicas of the originals, which you’ll see later in the Duomo Museum. Learn stories about the members of the powerful Medici family that were baptized here, and see some of the Duomo’s exquisite artwork.
The next stop is the Duomo Museum, which offers a glimpse of how the Cathedral’s original façade once looked, and contains masterpieces by Michelangelo and Donatello. Walk past the lines into the Duomo itself, where you’ll have special access to a room of statues from the Cathedral’s original façade. This tour also gets you pass the velvet ropes, so you can take in the Cathedral’s remarkable detailing up close.
Finish the tour with a once-in-a-lifetime experience: skip the lines for the Duomo Terraces, and climb all the way to the top for panoramic views of Florence. This tour concludes at the Duomo Terraces.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that guests can only carry small handbags inside the Accademia. Larger backpacks and big pointy umbrellas are not allowed. Please also note there is no cloakroom inside the Accademia Gallery.
- Please remember that the Duomo (Cathedral) is a holy place and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to conditions inside the Duomo (463 steps and fairly narrow), wheelchairs, those with limited mobility, and anyone with claustrophobia cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Guests may be asked to go through security on this tour.
- We ask all guests (including children) bring ID on the day of their tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- From August 6th 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. More info on the Italian Government website
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The climb up the Duomo is a little rough but if you take it slow and steady it’s not too bad and the view at the top is worth every step!" See review
- "The climb to the top is hard but worth the trip!" See review
- "As other reviews state it’s worth it getting up early to get to the academy before the crowds." See review