Explore our promoted experiences
- 4-hour or 5.5-hour whale watching tour from Hervey Bay
- Look for humpback whales and other marine life including dolphins and turtles
- Cruise past the lovely beaches of Fraser Island
- Includes morning or afternoon tea, lunch (if option selected), and hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Just look for the Big Whale on the side of the road.
What To Expect
Head out into the calm waters of Platypus Bay and take in the lovely scenery of Fraser Island’s white-sand beaches. Continue to the sites where the whales are most often spotted during their annual migration along Australia's coast. When you encounter the whales, you might witness spectacular breaches, curious spy hops and loud tail slaps as the whales play and feed.
Your boat is equipped with six levels of spacious viewing decks, underwater viewing rooms that allow you to catch the action below the waterline, a waterline viewing platform, and a hydrophone that captures the sound of the whale vocalizations. Learn about whale behavior and other fascinating facts from the informative guide. You can also nibble on morning or afternoon tea, and fuel up with the lunch that is provided on the longer tour.
When your boat returns to the dock at the end of your tour, receive a complimentary souvenir DVD to take home.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Spirit of Hervey Bay
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands