Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day, private Bavaria tour from Fussen
- Visit the area's dramatic castles
- Skip-the-line tickets to Neuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Castle
- Tour a traditional village with brightly-painted houses
- Combines guided tours and time to explore on your own
- Pickup and drop-off in Fussen included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Following the tour of Neuschwanstein Castle, you have free time to explore the sites clustered around the palace, including Marien Bridge, pretty Alpsee lake, and Hohenschwangau Castle, an imposing 19th-century palace built by Bavaria’s King Maximilian II.
In the afternoon, continue from Neuschwanstein Castle to Oberammergau, where you can shop, stroll, and see the town’s “lüftlmalerei,” the bright, hand-painted frescoes that adorn local houses.
The final stop of the day is Linderhof Castle, where your group has skip-the-line tickets to visit the smaller, exquisite palace, which includes formal gardens, a “Venus Grotto,” and over-the-top, rococo design. Following your time at Linderhof Castle, begin the return trip to Fussen, where this tour concludes with drop-off at your accommodations.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Bavarian Castle Tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "You can definitely visit the 2 castles on your own and don’t bother visiting Oberammergau." See review