- Private full-day Galle and coastal shore excursion and tour
- Explore cobbled Galle Fort to see its colonial buildings and lighthouse
- Visit Hikkaduwa Turtle Hatchery and see Sri Lanka’s stilted fishermen
- Spot wildlife on a cruise on the Madu Ganga River
- Learn about the devastating 2004 tsunami at the Tsunami Museum
- Includes private Galle hotel and cruise port pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If you are staying in a homestay unit or AirBnb please share your hosts contact number after the booking
What To Expect
Visit UNESCO-listed Galle Fort, the 16th-century Portuguese-built fort later expanded by the Dutch and British. Admire the cobbled lanes and Dutch-style buildings, and view Galle Lighthouse, a replica of the beacon built by the British.
Follow the coast to visit the Hikkaduwa Turtle Hatchery, home to marine turtles and other wild sealife, and learn about the devastation caused by the 2004 tsunami at Telwatta’s Tsunami Museum.
Visit a beach for photos of Sri Lanka’s stilt fishermen, famous for sitting on poles planted in the sea, and enjoy a cruise on the Madu Ganga River, watching for wildlife of this bio-diverse region.
Pause for lunch (own expense), and take in other highlights. Visit the moonstone mines and the Handunugoda Tea Estate to learn about tea harvesting.
Your tour ends at the original starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY srilankabycar.com
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Family-Friendly Private Galle City Tour.