- Day trip to Chichicastenango and Panajachel from Guatemala City
- Shop for beautiful local goods at the open-air market in Chichicastenango
- Walk along Santander Street in Panajachel and learn about the town’s history from your local guide
- Enjoy marvelous views of Lago de Atitlán
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and all entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
While at the plaza, make a stop at the Church of Santo Tomas on the square’s east side. Built in 1540, this church is the site of many modern Mayan rituals and blends indigenous religion with European traditions. Nearby Calvary Church is a smaller, but equally stunning, version of Church of Santo Tomas.
Once you’ve toured the city head off for Panajachel. This picturesque town is located on the northeast shore of Lake Atitlan. You’ll enjoy lunch at a nearby restaurant (own expense) before making your way to Santander Street for a look at local life, handicraft shops and of course, incredible views of stunning Lake Atitlan.
Once you’ve had your fill of these colorful towns make your way back to Guatemala City in air-conditioned comfort.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff