12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Discover the lively highland culture and beautiful scenery of Guatemala during this 12-hour visit to Chichicastenango and Lake Atitlan from Guatemala City. Start by checking out the colonial architecture and sprawling market of Chichicastenango, where vendors hawk everything from colorful handicrafts to candles, food and machetes. You’ll then have a chance to explore the picturesque town of Panjachel on the volcano-rimmed shores of Lake Atitlan. Your Chichicastenango and Lake Atitlan trip includes a guide, optional lunch upgrade and round-trip hotel transport.
- Explore the Maya market of Chichicastenango and Lake Atitlan on a full-day tour from Guatemala City
- Witness ancient indigenous rituals at Chichicastenango's Santo Tomas Church
- Shop for bargains at Chichicastenango's market, bargaining for everything from handicrafts to produce and machetes
- Admire the beautiful views of Lake Atitlan from the idyllic city of Panjachel
- Great mix of indigenous culture and beautiful scenery
Saved to wishlist!
Professional bilingual guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Lunch (if option selected)
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact the local provider to arrange.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required (if you select option with lunch included)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- To find pictures of our experiences, search us on Instagram as @graylinetoursgt
- On Holy week April 8th, we only visit the chichicastenango Market, we do not visit Atitlan lake due to traffic reasons.
- Most travelers can participate
- If you are lodging in Zone 1, our only pick-up point is at the Hotel Panamerican.
- If you are lodging in an airbnb please move to the nearest hotel lobby and please let us know of its name.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Guatemala
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full Day Tour: Chichicastenango Maya Market and Lake Atitlan from Guatemala City?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Full Day Tour: Chichicastenango Maya Market and Lake Atitlan from Guatemala City?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full Day Tour: Chichicastenango Maya Market and Lake Atitlan from Guatemala City?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full Day Tour: Chichicastenango Maya Market and Lake Atitlan from Guatemala City?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingGuatemala CityBus Tours - Central HighlandsHistorical Tours - Central HighlandsFull-day Tours - Central HighlandsBus Tours - AntiguaHistorical Tours - AntiguaFull-day Tours - AntiguaBus Tours - PanajachelHistorical Tours - PanajachelFull-day Tours - PanajachelCategory