- Private morning or afternoon of Guatemala City
- Visit landmarks such as the Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana) and the National Palace
- Browse Mercado Central for artisan souvenirs and admire the modern structures of Centro Civico
- Purchase a delicious dinner at the luxurious Paseo Caya complex
- Receive undivided attention from your private guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Head to the city’s Civic Center (Centro Civico) to see an impressive array of buildings constructed in the 1960s; cruise past landmarks such as the Supreme Court, City Hall and the Ministry of Public Finance, and stop to admire the Bank of Guatemala’s murals designed by Dagoberto Vásquez.
Continue to the city’s historic heart — Constitution Plaza (Plaza de la Constitución) — and admire the plethora of monuments that reside there. The undisputed centerpiece is the Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana), an 18th-century treasure topped by a vibrant blue dome. See, too, the National Library and the National Palace of Culture (Palacio Nacional de la Cultura).
The next stop on your private tour is the Central Market (Mercado Central), a bustling hub replete with stalls selling artisan souvenirs and local produce. Spend a while browsing ceramics, leather, textiles and jewelry, and then conclude with a visit to Paseo Cayala, a luxurious, whitewashed complex.
Here, you can purchase a delicious dinner and choose to spend the night in the hotel’s lavish accommodation. If you opt to leave Paseo Cayala after dinner, your tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Sunday afternoons the Central Market is closed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Guatemala
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Guatemala City Morning or Afternoon Tour.