- Full-day off-road adventure from Heraklion
- Travel through the gorgeous Cretan mountains in a Land Rover
- Visit traditional farming villages and an eco park
- Stop at the Diction Cave, the mythological birthplace of Zeus
- Take in spectacular views of the Lassithi Plateau
- Learn about the history of Crete and the ancient Minoan civilization
- Includes lunch at a local tavern
- Small group ensures personal service
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels situated between Heraklion and Sissi
- Heraklion Port
What To Expect
Follow an ancient Minoan path, winding through scenic mountain passes as your guide relates the history and myths of Crete. Get a glimpse into the local shepherding lifestyle with a visit to a mitato to feed the livestock and watch a cheesemaking demonstration. Next, snap photos of the Lassithi Plateau on the way to the famous Dikteon Cave, known as the birthplace of Zeus according to Greek mythology. If you like, pay a small entry fee and climb the rocky steps up to the cave.
After working up an appetite, break for lunch at a local tavern, where you can choose from traditional and vegetarian starters and main courses, served with wine. In the afternoon, observe traditional ways of mountain life and handicrafts at the Lassinthos Eco Park and the farming village of Seli, located on the Lassithi Plateau. Make a final stop in Krassi, known for its natural spring water and 2,000-year-old tree, before the scenic return drive to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Safari Club SA
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms