Explore our promoted experiences
- Choose to drive your own vehicle in a tag-along, or ride along with your guide
- Includes dormitory accommodation on Fraser Island
- Includes all meals and some snacks (with payment of food levy)
- Free pickup from Hervey Bay hostels (for non-drivers)
Departure & Return
Free pick up from 08:15am from major hostels within Hervey Bay (for the non-drivers only). Drivers need to make their own way to our office in Urangan, Hervey Bay, for the driver briefing at 7:30am.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour departs Hervey Bay Fridays
- You will receive an information email 2 days before departure, this is how everything is organised for the tour. Make sure you answer it!
- No off-road driving experience necessary, you will be briefed and shown the correct methods. There is no pressure to drive, you are more than welcome to be a passenger!
- Drivers must be 21 years or over, with an open license (automatic transmission)
- Driver safety briefing 7:30am the morning of departure (no pick-ups provided for this briefing)
- Passengers only need to be a minimum of 18 years of age (tour not appropriate for children)
- Passenger only? Meeting at 08:30am if you are driving your own car to our office (free parking!), or pick ups available from selected locations
- Returns approx 6:15pm Sunday (accommodation drop offs available for free)
- Trip itinerary can vary depending on weather and unforeseen circumstances i.e. access closures. Our guides reserve the right to make the best call for passenger's safety and comfort
- You will be stopping by the shops at 09:00am the morning of departure if you wish to buy alcohol or snacks.
- You can bring on the tour only a small backpack, there is not enough space in the vehicles to bring suitcases/travel backpacks! Luggage storage available for $20.
- If less than two vehicles on the tour, the lead guide is the only person legally allowed to drive the vehicle. Alternative accommodation is possibly used without notice.
- Minimum numbers are required for the tour to depart.
- Sleeping Bag essential (sleep packs available for hire for $15 (sleeping bag, under sheet, & includes a free tote bag you can keep!)
- Day bag with swimwear and a change of clothes
- Warm clothes (Island can get cold at night time in winter)
- Big smile
- Alcohol and snacks if you wish
- A sense of adventure!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fraser Dingo 4WD Hire
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands