3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Tourists and pilgrims from around the world come to Miyajima to visit Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Rather than simply gaze at the “floating” torii gate, you can pass through it on a stand-up paddleboard. This 3-hour SUP tour, with a small group, caters to beginners or experienced participants. Follow a guide as you cross the gentle sea. Equipment, wetsuit, and paddling instruction are provided.
- 3-hour SUP tour of UNESCO-listed Itsukushima Shrine with a small group
- Ride a paddleboard and pass through the sacred Shinto shrine
- Paddling instruction and personalized attention makes it accessible to beginners
- Enjoy the rare experience of getting up close to Japan’s largest wooden torii gate
Saved to wishlist!
Guiding fees for the touring
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Ebisumachi Miyajimacho, Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima 739-0588, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Language support：English
- Participation requirements：10 years old and over The participant should be good in health and should not be under the influence of alcohol.
- Items to bring：Sandals, towels
- Other things to note： You may fall off the paddleboard and get wet. Wear clothes which you do not mind getting wet. ＊Shower and changing room are available.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- ※NOTICE： Great torii gate of Itsukushima Shrine has been under renovation since June 2019. There is a possibility that cannot be seen as normal. Thank you for your understanding.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Attractive JAPAN
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during SUP Tour to see the Great Torii Gate of the Itsukushima Shrine Up Close?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during SUP Tour to see the Great Torii Gate of the Itsukushima Shrine Up Close?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during SUP Tour to see the Great Torii Gate of the Itsukushima Shrine Up Close?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during SUP Tour to see the Great Torii Gate of the Itsukushima Shrine Up Close?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Stand Up PaddleboardingWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesHiroshimaStand Up Paddleboarding - Hiroshima PrefectureCategory