- 3-hour walking tour of Hobart, Battery Point and Salamanca
- See historic sandstone buildings
- Learn about Hobart when it was founded in the early 1800s
- Stroll through Battery Point and Salamanca Place
Departure & Return
Departure PointHobart, Hobart, Greater Hobart, Tasmania
Return DetailsSalamanca Place, Salamanca Pl, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
What To Expect
Learn about the history of Hobart — founded in 1803 and the second oldest city in Australia after Sydney. Pass by present-day landmarks, view heritage-listed buildings, and hear stories about the issues and people that influenced Tasmania in the early days of the colony.
Next up, step back in time to see historical sandstone buildings, some built 180 years ago, as you explore Battery Point. Walk around the sandstone warehouses of Salamanca Place, which represent a prime example of the typical architecture of colonial Australia. The buildings are now art galleries, office and restaurants. Every Saturday, the popular Salamanca Markets features several hundred vendors with art, fresh foods and handicrafts.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Historic Hobart Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Grand Hobart Walking Tour.