Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour to Port Arthur Historic Site, from Hobart
- Visit the historic village of Richmond on the way to Port Arthur
- Learn about Australia's brutal convict history while touring the Port Arthur Historic Site
- Visit scenic nature sites life Tasman Arch
- Includes entrance fees, guide, transportation, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Your guide shows you around Richmond, which is considered Australia’s best-preserved colonial village. Then soak in the landscape the southern Tasman Peninsula's rugged coastline as you continue your drive to Tasman National Park.
Upon your arrival at the World Heritage-listed Port Arthur Historic Site, learn the history of this convict settlement. Take a guided walking tour that includes a short boat ride, which details the harsh conditions in Port Arthur’s penal colony. See some of the remaining ruins of 35 historic buildings.
On the way back to Hobart, stop for photo ops of natural features such as the Tasman Arch, Devils Kitchen, and the Blowhole. Your tour ends in the early evening with drop-off at your Hobart accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children between 8-16 years old may join the trip but must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- What to bring: • Camera • Drink bottle • Comfortable trail walking shoes • Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen • Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea) • Waterproof jacket (just in case) • Swimwear and towel (conditions permitting)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Under Down Under Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms