4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Discover the frozen enchantment of Vatnajökull National Park on an exhilarating 4-hour Glacier Walk with an expert guide. Enjoy a rip-roaring ride in a powerful 4x4 vehicle, admiring the spectacular frozen tableaux of the landscape surrounding the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon as you travel. Then, don your crampons and spend some leisurely exploration time hiking the ice-smothered scenery around the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon.
- 4-hour guided Glacier Walk in Vatnajoökull National Park from Hali
- Explore the frozen landscape surrounding the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
- Learn about the area's history and geology from an expert guide
- Enjoy the use of provided hiking equipment like crampons, a helmet and an ice axe
Saved to wishlist!
Guided tour with a local
Super jeep ride
Good clothing based on weather. 3 layers on top: base layer, light sweater like fleece and water or windproof top. Light warm pants and waterproof if needed.
Thin had and gloves
Departure & Return
Hali 2, Suðursveit, 781 Höfn í Hornafirði, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Availability: 9:00, 14:00
- Minimum age: 10 years old, children must be accompanied by an adult
- Meeting point: Hali Country Hotel reception
- Area: South East Iceland
- Duration: 3 1/2 - 4 hours
- Type: Half day-tour
- Group max: 12 persons
- Group min: 2 persons
- Difficulty: Moderate
- RENTED EQUIPMENT
- Rain gear for 1000 ISK
- Hiking boots for 1000 ISK
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Glacier Adventure
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Vatnajökull Glacier Walk from Hali?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Vatnajökull Glacier Walk from Hali?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Vatnajökull Glacier Walk from Hali
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingHofnNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellWalking Tours - SkaftafellHalf-day Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - VikWalking Tours - VikHalf-day Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - AkureyriWalking Tours - AkureyriHalf-day Tours - AkureyriCategory