Are you interested in?
Vatnajokull National Park Tours
48 Tours & Activities
19 Tours & Activities
2 Tours & Activities
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Go on a memorable adventure on this guided trip to an ice cave in Vatnajökull National Park, and let your driver manage a Jeep ride from Jökulsárlón to the base of Vatnajökull. Once you arrive, you are given all the equipment you need—crampons and helmets—to walk on the glacier and enter the cave safely. Then, learn about the history of the caves and their seasonal changes, and be able to choose to explore the cave on your own or with a guide.
- Vatnajökull glacier and ice cave tour
- Explore the ice cave on your own or with a guide
- Learn about the composition and history of the ice cave
- Exploring equipment—crampons and helmets—are provided
- Round-trip transport from Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon included
Saved to wishlist!
Driver and guide
Live commentary on board
Helmet and Crampons
Super Jeep tour
Natural Ice cave in Vatnajökull
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hiking shoes /Rainwear / Warm clothes / Gloves
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointJökulsárlón, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children from 7 to 11 go for free
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Pick up starts 15 minutes before departure
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Dress code: waterproof and/or warm clothing; warm socks and hiking shoes or boots.
- We do not recommend to drive all the way from Reykjavík (370km) the same day of the tour
- Maximum capacity per car 15 people
- Possibility of tour in other languages upon request (Spanish, Icelandic, Czech)
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ice Explorers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Driving in superjeep to get to the glacier, hiked about a mile to get to the cave, but once there it was worth it!" See review
Product code: 47191P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Winter SportsOutdoor ActivitiesHofnWinter Sports - SkaftafellWinter Sports - VikWinter Sports - AkureyriCategory