- Enjoy incredible scenery as you travel along the Black Isle peninsula
- Visit Cromarty and see bottlenose dolphins at Chanonry Point
- Explore Beauly at leisure and then tour the Glen Ord Whisky Distillery
- Walk along the shores of Loch Ness and watch out for Nessie, the legendary Loch Ness monster
Departure & Return
Inverness Bus Station, Margaret Street, Inverness Tour leaves from Stance 7 at 0915
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Disembark in the quaint fishing village that once served as an ancient ferry port and still feels that way. Admire the Georgian architecture as you stroll past fishermen’s cottages, small shops and eateries. Next, hop back in the coach for a ride to Chanonry Point, passing other sweet Scottish villages like Rosemarkie and Fortress on the way.
From narrow Chanonry Point, gaze out at the waters of Moray Firth, home to a remarkable pod of some 130 bottleneck dolphins. Watch the amiable creatures leap and play on the water’s surface, then head into the town of Beauly to explore and grab lunch (own expense). Derived from the French term beau lieu (beautiful place), the charming village is the perfect spot for an afternoon break.
After lunch, head to the renowned Glen Ord Distillery. Tour the grounds and have a look at the impressive pear-shaped pot stills, each with a capacity of more than 16,000 liters! Learn about the complex production process and enjoy a sample of Glen Ord’s signature 12-year single malt whisky.
From here, make your way back to Inverness, stopping at the mysterious and majestic Loch Ness. Explore Drumnadrochit village, and take in sweeping views of the lake and surrounding hills – and perhaps get a chance sighting of the mythical Loch Ness monster, Nessie. Then relax for the ride back to Inverness, arriving back at your original departure point by early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Highland Experience Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff