Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour of the Scottish Highlands from Inverness
- Visit Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve
- Watch for golden eagles at Loch Maree
- Explore a historic castle on a tidal island
- Travel in a top-of-the-range, 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Small-group tour for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Stance 7, Inverness Bus Station, Margaret St, Inverness, IV1 1LT
What To Expect
Upon arrival, take in the stark line of Beinn Eighe Ridge, then continue to Loch Maree, an island-dotted freshwater loch that’s home to a population of golden eagles. Follow a dramatic route to the villages of Torridon and Shieldaig, with spectacular views from the coach.
Take a break for lunch in Applecross—this tour doesn’t include meals, but the guide can help you find the perfect place to eat. Following your lunch break, meet back up with the guide for the trip to Eilean Donan Castle, passing views of the Isle of Skye and the Inner Hebrides. Enjoy ample time to explore the picturesque castle, whose dramatic history includes clan fighting, executions, and a series of Jacobite Risings (castle entrance fees own expense, roughly £7.50).
This full-day tour concludes with the return trip to Inverness, and drop-off at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Maximum of 8 passengers travelling together.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Eilean Donan Castle – We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- * Unfortunately, Eilean Donan Castle is closed on certain days in winter. It's 3rd, 5th, 6th, 13th, 19th and 25th of November; 3rd of December; and between 22nd of December and 1st of March. But don't worry, your driver-guide will stop at the best viewpoints so you can admire it from the outside.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rabbies Trail Burners
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Accessibility Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized