- Take a day trip to the ruins of Ephesus and St. Mary's House from Izmir
- Visit the final resting place of the Virgin Mary
- Explore the Temple of Artemis, considered to be one of the Seven wonders of the Ancient World
- Enjoy authentic Turkish cuisine
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- English-speaking local guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 45 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Continue to Ephesus and learn why Christianity was so influential in this ancient city. Listen as your guide tells the story of Christ’s vision of Ephesus as one of the seven churches in the book of Revelation. Next, see one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World - the Temple of Artemis. Enjoy more discoveries such as the Library of Celsus, the Great Theatre, and several temples.
Afterwards, take a break for lunch and savor some delicious Turkish fare. Finally, explore the House of the Virgin Mary and gain insight into how she devoted her final days before passing. Hear how after Pope Paul VI validated this cottage in 1967 it became a center of pilgrimage to many Christians.
Then, return to your coach and voyage back to your Izmir hotel where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Highly recommended, will definitely recommend Ceyla as a tour guide, she is passionate, knowledgable and a great photographer as well." See review