- Izmir half-day sightseeing tour
- Wander through the ancient Agora
- Visit the ruins of Alexander the Great's Castle
- Explore the Archeological Museum home to many Greek and Roman artifacts and the Ethnographic Museum displaying local arts and crafts
- English-speaking local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 45 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Ancient Agora: One of the world’s most well-preserved Agoras was home to a lively Roman bazaar. As you explore with your guide, admire the ancient Colonnades of Corinthian columns, see arched rooms, and glimpse up at rebuilt archways.
Kadifekale: Pick out a spectacular view of Izmir from high atop Alexander the Great's Castle. Learn about the historic ruins of Kadifekale’s whose name translated to Turkish means “the velvet castle.”
Archaeological Museum: Enjoy Roman and Greek artifacts at the Archaeology Museum. Inside, see the head of Domitian, an enormous statue that resided long ago in Ephesus.
Ethnographic Museum: Delve into Izmir’s vibrant arts and crafts at the Ethnographic Museum. Here, gain insight into how embroidery wood-block printing and pottery is created. Then, relish the opportunity to see artisans create the centuries-old Nazar Amulet (Turkish blue and white “evil eye”).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience