- 3.5-hour small-boat rafting trip on the Snake River from Jackson Hole
- Brave the rapids with your small group of just 8 paddlers
- Experienced river guide
- Choice of departure times
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Launch from West Table Boat Ramp in the Snake River Canyon, traveling 8 miles (13 km) over the course of your trip toward Alpine, Wyoming. Rapids range from Class I to Class III and you will definitely get wet. Listen to your guide talk about the history and ecology of the river as you paddle through rapids such as the Bailing Straights, the Guaging Straights, Lunchcounter, and the Million Dollar Fishing Hole. Keep an eye out for local residents such as mule deer, elk, osprey, river otters, and bald eagles.
Please note: This trip is for those who are physically able to paddle; the raft and guide depend on your help to move the boat along. Please wear a bathing suit and quick-drying clothing on top.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring a change of dry clothes, a towel, and a sweatshirt on the bus with you. It will be waiting for you at the end of your trip.
- Conditions can be variable; you may experience a cold day on the river. (Not to worry, it will still be a lot of fun. You just have to dress appropriately!)
- Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. An old pair of running shoes or water shoes would be your best option. You must wear footwear in the raft, so we do have booties available for rent if you do not have footwear. Sizes run 2 – 15 and can be rented upon arrival for $5.00 per pair.
- Please wear synthetic clothing if possible and bring layers. Synthetics are best for the river because they dry faster than cotton. A bathing suit underneath shorts and a t-shirt is fine for a nice, warm, summer day.
- Splash gear is complimentary. On a cold day, you’ll want a bathing suit to wear under the wet suit.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are highly recommended.
- We have wet suits & wet suit jackets available for rent. Wet suits are $10.00 to rent. Wet suit jackets are $5.00 to rent.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note kids must weigh at least 50 pounds or more to go rafting!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mad River Boat Trips
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Whitewater Adventure Small Boats.