- Full day trip from Jerusalem to Masada and the Dead Sea
- Guided tour of the popular Holy Land sights by local experts
- Ascend to the top of Masada by cable car
- Float in the famous salt-rich waters of the Dead Sea
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Pass the site of the New Testament’s famous parable, the Good Samaritan, and enjoy views of the Dead Sea as you near Masada. Some 2,000 years ago, King Herod chose this remote mountain as the site of two vast fortified palaces.
Take the cable car up to mountaintop ruins of the palaces, and set out on a guided tour. Hear about the site’s history as you explore and then descend to drive on to the Dead Sea.
As you travel, pass the Ein Gedi oasis and aeons-old settlement of Qumran. Stop to absorb views of the Qumran caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls —around 900 ancient parchments of religious manuscripts — were discovered in the 1940s and 1950s.
Continue to the Dead Sea, the salt lake located 1,312 feet (400 meters) below sea level. Enjoy around two hours to relax on a mineral beach and float in the salt-rich waters. If you wish, follow your ‘swim’ with a therapeutic mud bath and perhaps purchase some Dead Sea skin care products (own expense) at duty-free prices.
Back aboard your coach, relax on your return journey. On route, trace some of the route of the old Roman road to Jerusalem and enjoy views of the ancient city of Jericho. Your tour ends with a drop-off at your Jerusalem hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Recommended to bring hats, bathing suit, towels, sun protection.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note this tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It is hot and there is walking so you need good light clothes and good walking shoes." See review
- "If you’re adventurous, it might be better to rent car and do yourself." See review
- "There were towels available to rent and if you are purchasing Dead Sea salt I would recommend doing it here instead of the shop at Masada." See review