- Explore Kandy during a private tour in an air-conditioned car
- Learn about Sri Lankan tea production at Giragama plantation
- Marvel at the orchids housed at Peradeniya Botanical Garden
- Watch a performance of traditional Sri Lankan dance at the Kandy Cultural Show
- Visit an apparent relic of the Lord Buddha at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth
- Includes lunch and all entrance fees
- Private guide ensures personalized service and attention
Departure & Return
Departure PointYour hotel in Kandy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After a break for an included lunch, continue to Bahirawakanda Temple, see the Temple of the Sacred Tooth, enjoy a view of the city from a local overlook, and finish with the Kandy Cultural Show. For a full run-down of your trip’s itinerary, please review the details below.
7:40am: Arrive at Giragama, a tea plantation located in Central Sri Lanka, located an elevation of (1670 feet) 510 meters above sea level. Tea was first planted in Sri Lanka in 1824 at the Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya, when a few plants were brought from China. Explore the plantation and factory before proceeding to Peradeniya Botanical Gardens at 8:45am.
9:15am: Arrive at the botanical garden of Peradeniya, renowned for its orchid collection. The garden is home to more than 4,000 species of plants, including of orchids, spices, medicinal plants and palm trees. You will leave for your next destination at 11am.
11:15am: Visit a gem and woodcarving center. Some of the most sought after items in Sri Lanka are the precious and semi-precious gemstones. Moonstones, cat’s eyes, tourmalines, garnets, blue sapphires and red rubies are some of the gems that you can find on the island. Watch a presentation about gemstones, and visit the gem museum and gem outlet. You will also visit the woodcarving center situated on the opposite side from the gem lapidary center.
12:30pm - 1:30pm: Lunch at Oak Ray Regency Restaurant
2pm: Arrive at Bahirawakanda Temple. The temple's omnipresent 80-foot (24-meter) high Buddha statue can be seen from everywhere in Kandy. The temple was built on the “Bahirawa Kanda,” also known as the "Gnome Mountain." There are a variety of legends about this mountain, all dealing with the sacrifice of beautiful virgins.
3pm: Arrive at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic. Located within Kandy's royal palace grounds, the stunning 17th-century Temple of the Tooth is believed to house the left upper canine tooth of the Lord Buddha himself. This precious relic attracts white-clad pilgrims bearing lotus blossoms and frangipani.
4pm - 4:30pm: Take a drive along Kandy's upper lake area, where you'll enjoy a view of the city, and then proceed to visit Cultural Show.
5pm - 5:45pm: Watch the Kandy Cultural Show. Sri Lanka, a country rich with culture & tradition, offers a vibrant performance of Sri Lankan traditional dances.
6:30pm: You will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Beyond Escapes
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Private Kandy Tour by Air-Conditioned Car: Do it All in One Day.