8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
See some of the finest ancient royal palaces of the Kathmandu Valley on this small-group day trip to Bhaktapur, a medieval capital of the Newar kingdom. Marvel at the temples and royal palace of the UNESCO-listed Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Then pass through Dattatreya Square and Nyatpole Temple Square en route to Patan Durbar Square, another World Heritage site located in the city of Lalitpur. Visit the Patan Museum for a look at Newari art with your informative guide before departing the ‘city of fine arts’ for Kathmandu.
- Small-group day trip to Bhaktapur and Lalitpur
- Visit dozens of neighborhoods in the medieval capital
- Explore Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Square, both World Heritage sites
- See Dattatreya Square and Nyatpole Temple Square
- Marvel at preserved Newari artworks at the Patan Museum
- Hear informative commentary from a knowledgable guide
- Includes round-trip hotel transport from Kathmandu
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by private vehicle
Pick up drop from hotel inside ring road including Boudha area.
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotel in Kathmandu inside Ringroad and Bouddha area.
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Himalayan Planet Adventures
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during City tour of Bhaktapur and Patan Durbar Square?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during City tour of Bhaktapur and Patan Durbar Square?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during City tour of Bhaktapur and Patan Durbar Square?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during City tour of Bhaktapur and Patan Durbar Square?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Shanti Karki is an excellent guide with a wealth of information about every aspect of the trip, is very patient with all my questions, not to mention an excellent photographer!" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
City tour of Bhaktapur and Patan Durbar Square
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingKathmanduBus Tours - PokharaCity Tours - PokharaHistorical Tours - PokharaFull-day Tours - PokharaBus Tours - DarjeelingCity Tours - DarjeelingHistorical Tours - DarjeelingFull-day Tours - DarjeelingBus Tours - BagdograCity Tours - BagdograHistorical Tours - BagdograFull-day Tours - BagdograCategory
SundarijalSaurahaTrisuli River (Trishuli River)MonjoChitwan National ParkKrishna Temple (Krishna Mandir)Freak Street (Jhochhen Tole)Nuwakot Palace Complex (Nuwakot Durbar)Namche BazaarKirtipurThamelBudhanilkanthaPhakdingDudh Kosi RiverRudra Varna Mahavihar (Golden Temple)Chobhar VillageLuklaAsan MarketSagarmatha National ParkChangu Narayan