7 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Many visitors to Kathmandu miss nearby Bhaktapur, a well-preserved medieval city-state and UNESCO-World Heritage site. Discover one of Nepal’s prettiest attractions during this behinds the scenes peek at the Newari city, famous for its intricate pagodas and delicate handicrafts. The in-depth tour also includes a visit to Panauti, where you’ll have a chance to meet with local entrepreneurs.
- An insider’s tour of Bhaktapur and Panauti
- Discover two of Nepal’s most picturesque towns in a single visit
- Get an informative look at the Newari city-state’s famous heritage sites
- Enjoy the opportunity to meet with local entrepreneurs
Saved to wishlist!
English-speaking tour guide
Transport by air conditioned vehicle as per group size
Hotel pickup and drop-off
All Fees and Taxes
Departure & Return
Lal Durbar Marg, Kathmandu 44601, Nepal
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance fee is applicable to children 10 years and above
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Please be informed that, entrance fee is not included
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Royal Mountain Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Day Trip to Bhaktapur and Panauti from Kathmandu?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Day Trip to Bhaktapur and Panauti from Kathmandu?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Day Trip to Bhaktapur and Panauti from Kathmandu?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Day Trip to Bhaktapur and Panauti from Kathmandu?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Day Trip to Bhaktapur and Panauti from Kathmandu
5 hours 50 minutes
3 hours 55 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingKathmanduBus Tours - PokharaNature and Wildlife - PokharaFull-day Tours - PokharaBus Tours - DarjeelingNature and Wildlife - DarjeelingFull-day Tours - DarjeelingBus Tours - BagdograNature and Wildlife - BagdograFull-day Tours - BagdograCategory