- 3.5-hour tour of the Hill Palace Musuem in Tripunithura with high tea
- Learn about the royal families of Kochi in the past and present
- Have tea in a royal residence with modern-day royals
- Choose a morning or afternoon tour
Departure & Return
Please wait at the ticket counter located on the left as soon as you enter the main gate.
What To Expect
Learn from your guide about the lavish lifestyles of the Kochi royalty, and hear interesting details such as why the local rulers declined to wear jewel-studded gold crown that was a gift from King Emmanuel of Portugal, and the controversy surrounding the sale of treasures to build a railway line.
After taking in the Hill Palace, follow your guide to the nearby century-old residence of the royal family. Tour the residence — a modest, traditional Kerala home — then meet members of the current royal family and have high tea.
Your final destination of the tour is the Sree Poornathrayeesa Temple, where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A maximum of 10 people per booking.
- Some amount of walking is involved, including climbing stairs, first to the entrance of the Museum and then inside to access the upper floor.
- Shoes have to be removed before entering the Museum. The floor outside the Museum gets hot, so it is advisable to wear socks.
- Passport details required at time of booking
- Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may be refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Photography is not allowed inside the Hill Palace Museum. You are allowed to click pictures outside of the buildings and the landscaped gardens. Your camera can be secured in a locker and the key will be given to you.
- Mobile phones are not allowed inside the Hill Palace Museum. It can be secured in a locker and the key will be given to you.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for travelers with knee problems as there are steps to be climbed at the Hill Palace Museum
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY The Traveling Gecko
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience