7 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Experience a former Vietnamese refugee camp on this all-day adventure to Bidong Island. After a convenient hotel pickup, board a speedboat and learn all about “Little Saigon,” where tens of thousands of people fleeing the Vietnam War by boat landed and built a camp. After, strap on complimentary snorkeling equipment and explore the island’s beautiful waters.
- Explore the history and underwater world of Bidong Island on this guided tour
- Experience the grim history of the Vietnam War and its harrowing legacy
- Enjoy a complimentary packed lunch, snorkel gear, and speedboat ride
- Make the most of limited time with convenient hotel pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Guide English Speaking
Return Hotel Transfer Kuala Terengganu
Air-Condition Mini Van
Snorkeling Boat Trip
Boat Transfer to Merang Jetty
Snorkeling mask,Snokel,Life Jacket
Outdoor Emergency Survival First Aid Kit & Personal Medication
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Outskirts of Kuala Tereangganu Hotels / Resorts ; surcharge applies.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring along:
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Hat / Cap
- Extra Bottle Water
- Comfortable Sandals
- Please read the following and why we recommend to visit Bidong Island; COMING back to Bidong, I was reminded once again of the powerful forces of nature and how lucky we were to have survived that journey in a leaky boat 10.5m long with 61 people on board. I was reminded of the dark-skinned Malay men in sarong in two boats who were so kind to give us water and food to carry on. Yes, I met them again last March. They are the heroes and the angels in my heart. I will never forget those images for the rest of my life. On this trip, I was also reminded that most people are good people. It was a beautiful feeling to realise that people whom I had never known or met would extend a helping hand and set aside an island for our temporary housing needs. – Daniel Nguyen, former Pulau Bidong boat person
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Magunatip Holidays Sdn Bhd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Bidong Island 'Little Saigon from Kuala Terengganu?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Bidong Island 'Little Saigon from Kuala Terengganu?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Bidong Island 'Little Saigon from Kuala Terengganu?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience