30 minutes to 3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Saved to wishlist!
Local English-speaking guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
1-1 Sagatenryūji Susukinobabachō, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto, 616-8385, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
Japan, 〒605-0864 Kyoto, 京都市東山区Higashiyama Ward, Shimokawarachō, 遊行前町５５８−９
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Adult pricing applies to age 6 and over
- Children 5 years and under may sit on an adult’s lap (one child per adult)
- A maximum of 2 adults per rickshaw. Up to 2 children, 5 years and under, can ride with 2 adults (children have to ride on an adult's lap)
- While rickshaws are able to fit two adults, each rickshaw is 29.1 inches (74 centimeters) wide, and it is sometimes more comfortable to book individual rickshaws for each passenger. For passengers of size, we recommend booking a rickshaw for each participant to ensure a comfortable ride. Passengers who do not both fit in one rickshaw but wish to participate in a tour at the same time will be required to purchase an additional rickshaw, which may not be available on the date of the tour with an English-speaking guide if not booked in advance. Those customers who do not purchase an additional rickshaw at the time of booking cannot be guaranteed availability
- Please select your preferable itinerary and duration option at checkout
- Wheelchair- and stroller-friendly
- This tour can be customized depending on your interests
- Tour will run later during the listed dates below (time is subject to change, please contact the local operator for further information):
- Arashiyama: Summer hour (5/1 to 8/30) - until 6pm; Hanatouro (12/11 to 12/20) - until 8pm
- Higashiyama: Hanatouro (3/6 to 3/15) - until 9pm; Cherry blossom light-up (3/28 to 4/12) - until 9pm; Summer hour (5/1 to 8/30) - until 6pm; Autumn foliage light-up (11/14 to 12/6) - until 9pm
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Selected starting time is not automatically guaranteed. The time will be confirmed by email within 24 hours of booking.
- If a child (5 years and younger) will be using one of the two seats of the rickshaw, it must book as an adult.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ebisuya
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Kyoto Rickshaw Tour?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Kyoto Rickshaw Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Kyoto Rickshaw Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Just make sure you can walk all the way up the mountain, it took about 20 mins of huffing and puffing to get up there."
- "I highly recommend this tour if you are with your significant other." See review
- "Very hard to locate from info supplied as had to get to area location first which details omitted." See review
Product code: 6808KYORICKSHAW
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesTuk Tuk Tours Historical ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesKyotoUnique Experiences - Kansai PrefectureTuk Tuk Tours - Kansai PrefectureHistorical Tours - Kansai PrefectureUnique Experiences - OsakaTuk Tuk Tours - OsakaHistorical Tours - OsakaUnique Experiences - IzumisanoTuk Tuk Tours - IzumisanoHistorical Tours - IzumisanoCategory
Nakasendo WayHimeji Castle (Himeji-Jo)Kiyotaki RiverKyoto TowerTenryu-ji TempleChionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)Eikan-do Zenrin-ji TempleKinshi Masamune Horino Memorial MuseumAmanohashidateGinkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)Uji Bridge (Uji-bashi)Kyoto Handicraft CenterShimogamo-jinja ShrineSaganoPontocho AlleyHeian Shrine (Heian Jingu)Kamigamo ShrineGekkeikan Okura Sake MuseumTo-ji TempleKyoto Station