- Full-day Arenal nature tour
- Hike hanging bridges and to La Fortuna Waterfall
- Walk on the slopes of the volcano at dusk
- Soak in natural hot pools
- Lunch and dinner included
- Pickup and drop-off at downtown La Fortuna hotels
- Family friendly
Departure & Return
Main Office located upstairs of Lava Rocks Restaurant, beside La Fortuna Church. La Fortuna, San Carlos, Alajuela.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The next stop is La Fortuna Waterfall, reached by a 15-minute hike down a scenic trail; bring your bathing suit to swim in the waterfall, or just enjoy the sunshine in the peaceful stop. After La Fortuna Waterfall, return to town to refuel with lunch at the Lava Rocks Café.
Following your meal, head to the Arenal Volcano for a hike along the side, following one of several trails for the best chance to spot moving lava. The cooled lava flows are home to a wide variety of plants and animals that you’ll see along the way, and the hike concludes at dark, in hopes of watching glowing chunks of rock as they tumble down the mountainside.
From Arenal Volcano, head to one of the area’s natural hot springs for a buffet dinner and a night of soaking (select your desired hot spring while booking). This full-day nature adventure concludes with return transfer to your La Fortuna hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Jacamar Naturalist Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms