Explore our promoted experiences
- 4.5-hour Lake Tahoe kayak tour from Sand Harbor Beach
- Discover secluded beaches along the eastern shore of Lake Tahoe
- See historic Thunderbird Lodge estate from the water
- Have a picnic lunch on the beach and time for a swim
- Includes kayak gear and instruction, and lunch
Departure & Return
2005 State Route 28, Incline Village, NV 89452 We operate as a concession within Sand Harbor State Park. The gates open around 7AM and the parking does fill quickly in the summer. We suggest arriving early, bring cash for the entrance fee. $10/$15
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow your guide to the launch point on the beach. Your guide provides a safety briefing, kayak, life jacket and paddle, then shows you how to maneuver your boat. When booking, select either a single person or 2-person kayak.
Your guide leads you out on the waters of the lake, sharing stories about Lake Tahoe's past as you glide by the historic Thunderbird Lodge, which was built in the 1930s for the heir of a wealthy San Francisco family, and now is part of Lake Tahoe – Nevada State Park.
Float past secluded, private beaches, and stop for lunch at a hidden inlet. There you can jump into the water for a swim as the day warms up.
Your tour ends in the early afternoon with return to Sand Harbor Beach.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Booking subject to cancellation if minimum required guests (2 people) has not been met and if no other parties have booked that tour for the same day, we will still launch the tour if you are willing to pay the price equivalent of our minimum number of people.
- Children under 5yrs. are not permitted
- All guests are required to carry lifejackets
- Guests 14yrs and younger are required to WEAR their lifejacket
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Please provide your contact number at time of booking so the tour operator can follow up with important information about your tour
- Please dress appropriately in comfortable, quick-drying clothing
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tahoe City Kayak
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Parking at San Beach Harbor is limited and fills up within 15-30 minutes of them opening the lot at 8 am." See review