- Combo shore excursion from the port of Limon
- Experience six different activities in a single day
- Explore the Costa Rican rain forest on a guided trek and a cruise down the Tortuguero Canal
- Visit a working banana plantation
- Take in beautiful vistas on a coastal drive
- Discover the city of Limon on a sightseeing tour
- Pick up unique souvenirs at local shops
- Port pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Puerto Limon: Main entrance of the pier (main street). It is about one block from your ship and 5 minutes’ walk. There you will see our staff holding a sign with your name on it. For assistance you can call us at Office: (506)2297-0889 or Whatsapp: +(506) 8496-0041
What To Expect
Take in scenes of Limon’s urban bustle on a short sightseeing tour.
Rain Forest Trek
Step inside the lush world of the Costa Rican rain forest on an easy 0.6-mile (1-km) trail through a secondary forest criss-crossed by creek beds. Keep an eye out for native wildlife including three-toed sloths, butterflies, toucans, hummingbirds, and colorful amphibians like the red dart frog.
The banana industry plays an important role in the Costa Rican economy, as the tiny country is the world’s second-largest banana producer, with 80% of plantations located in the Limon province. Visit a working banana plantation and packing house to learn how the fruit is cultivated, harvested, and shipped all around the globe.
Tortuguero Canal Cruise
Enjoy the tranquility of the rainforest on a cruise down this biodiverse waterway in a covered riverboat. Learn about the surrounding ecosystem as a guide point out interesting plant species and helps you look for wildlife like howler monkeys, bats, and crocodiles lounging on the riverbanks.
Browse local goods and pick up unique mementos to take home at some of Limon’s lively souvenir shops.
Soak up the beautiful scenery of the Caribbean coastline on the drive between the different activities.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- OPERATED BY Greenway Nature Day Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It would be nice to have much more time at each location but the cruise ships just dont stay there long enough." See review