- Full-day private shore excursion from Livorno: San Gimignano and Chianti wine region
- Sample Tuscan wines in the Chianti wine region
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant
- Explore the medieval town of San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Your driver will either be waiting on the dock as close to your ship as possible and if there are two gangplank exits he will stand in the centre of both. Or your driver will wait after the port passenger terminal that you will have to walk through. He will be holding a sign with your name on it.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Admire the stunning scenery of the Tuscan Hills as you drive through the vine-covered hills of the Chianti wine region, past olive groves and hilltop castles. Along the way, stop to enjoy an expert-led wine tasting at a local wine estate (10€ per person), browse the lively markets of Greve-in-Chianti, and visit the pretty village of Montefioralle, where Amerigo Vespucci was born.
For lunch (own expense), opt to dine at a traditional country restaurant, where you can sample delicious Tuscan cuisine while gazing out over the surrounding countryside.
After lunch, continue to the hilltop town of San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage site famous for its beautifully preserved medieval center. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the historic town, taking in the views from the hilltop fortress, and perhaps visiting the legendary Gelateria di Piazza, an award-winning gelato house with flavors including Vernaccia wine sorbet.
Back in Livorno, your tour ends with drop-off back at the cruise port.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Luccalimo
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff