- Time Machine tour of Ljubljana Castle
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to Ljubljana Castle
- Journey from Roman times to the medieval era, to present-day on a guided tour
- Learn more about the history of Ljubljana and the castle from costumed actors
- Choice of departure times throughout the day
- Fun and interactive tour ideal for families
Departure & Return
On the bridge in front of the entrance.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow your guide around the castle to different ‘time stations’, where you are met by costumed actors who set the scene and reveal the secrets of the city’s history. Along the way, meet a Roman soldier at the observation tower, hear about St. George’s heroic dragon-slaying at the castle entrance, and be entertained by Emperor Frederick III of the Habsburgs in the courtyard.
Continue through the 19th-century as you visit the penitentiary to meet one of the guards or prisoners, and maybe even meet Mayor Ivan Hribar, who bought the castle in the early 20th century.
Your tour ends back at the castle entrance.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ljubljana castle
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Ljubljana Castle: Time Machine Guided Tour.